shelve crashing under Win ME

gluckj at gmail.com gluckj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 22:31:28 EDT 2007

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your messages -- however, py2exe is NOT the issue -- as you
can see with my example above, shelve is crashing even just by calling
it from IDLE (latest PC version of IDLE & Python), running on a Win ME
machine.

Anyone else out there having access to a Win ME PC willing to try it?
Thanks for checking!

In the meantime, I may replace shelve with a simpler workaround using
cPickle & basic flat file operations.

-- Joel
p.s. -- Jim, I too had to import dbhash in my program to make it work
using py2exe, so you are right on, there.