Indenting in Emacs

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Thu Jun 21 08:47:42 EDT 2007

On Thursday, Jun 21st 2007 at 10:11 +0100, quoth Michael Hoffman:

=>eugene.morozov at gmail.com wrote:
=>> Hello,
=>> Does anyone know how to make python-mode correctly indent nested lists
=>> and dictionaries. I hate indenting Django url patterns and Zope
=>> Archetypes schemas by hand, because python-mode indents them in
=>> incorrect and ugly way.
=>>
=>> Here's how it should be:
=>>     StringField('reference',
=>>                 widget=StringWidget(
=>>                        description='Position reference'
=>>     )),
=>>
=>> Here's how python-mode indents this code:
=>> schema = BaseSchema.copy() +  Schema((
=>>     StringField('reference',
=>>                 widget=StringWidget(
=>>     description='Position reference'
=>>     )),
=>
=>I get:
=>
=>schema = BaseSchema.copy() +  Schema((
=>     StringField('reference',
=>                 widget=StringWidget(
=>                     description='Position reference'
=>
=>I'm using py-version "$Revision$." Oops! Anyway, try to install the
=>latest python-mode, whatever that is, if it isn't 4.78.

Ok. I'm not stupid but I do not see a 4.78 anywhere even though I see refs
from google. I have 4.75 The SVN tree doesn't seem to even have that.

I checked the latest copy out from sourceforge and that was 4.75 too.

Can someone please tell me where to find the latest?

steveo at syslang.net