What was that web interaction library called again?

Harald Korneliussen vintermann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 10:19:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

I remember I came across a python library that made it radically
simple to interact with web sites, connecting to gmail and logging in
with four or five lines, for example. I thought, "that's interesting,
I must look into it sometime". Now there's this child I know who asked
me about programming, especially programs that could do things like
this, how difficult it was, and so on. I mentioned how I though Python
was a good intro to programming, and there was a library which was
perfect for what he wanted.

Only now I've forgotten the name of the library! And try as I might, I
can't find it with google. I know there are modules for it in the
standard libraries, but this thing was brilliantly simple in
comparison. It might have been some sort of research project, I can't
remember... but perhaps someone here can remind me what it was? If so,
there may be yet another young python programmer in training :-)