Beginning Python

Sells, Fred fred at adventistcare.org
Wed Jun 6 08:37:32 EDT 2007

I find 3 elements contribute significantly to becoming competent in python

1.  a decent IDE so you can see the big picture (multiple files and
directories). I use Eclipse + PyDev because Eclipse supports other goodies
like CVS.  I'm sure other IDE's are as good if not better, but who has time
to check them all out.

2.  Looking at others examples especially when solving real-world problems.
I've learned much from the Python Cookbook even though I've used Python for
15 years.

3.  Building a real-world application where you cannot change the
requirements to fit your current knowledge.

of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong :)

---snip---