Changing sound volume

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:45:07 EDT 2007

On Jun 25, 7:48 am, simon kagwe <simonka... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > And finally a way that might work using ctypes:
>
> >http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2006-March/004436.html
>
> > Mike
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I had already read about the Snack, but I can't use it since my program uses
> wxPython for the GUI and Snack requires tk. The best option was the ctypes
> method you told me about. I used the code in the sample, but I am getting the
> following error:
>
> exceptions.WindowsError Error 11 while setting volume
>
> The author of the code claims it works. What could be causing the above error?
>
> [ I am using Python 2.4.4 and ctypes 1.0.1 ]
>
> Regards,
> Simon

I'm not sure what the deal is. I just tested that script on my
workstation and it works fine for me. I think I have the latest
ctypes, but I can't figure out how to get the version number off of it
to be sure. I am running Python 2.4.3 on Windows XP SP2 though.

You might try that pygames idea. I've never tried it, but you'd think
that would work.

Mike