The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

MSCHAEF.COM mschaef at eris.io.com
Tue Jun 26 22:47:53 EDT 2007

In article <1182904631.083783.170640 at o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
Twisted  <twisted0n3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>In the other corner, we have just about every Unix application ever
>developed. When a user needs help, they may do such things as manually
>explore the directories where the application was installed
>(equivalent to rooting around in C:\Program Files\Appname for .hlp
>files, because F1 didn't work and there was no "help" menu,

I just pressed F1 in a running session of a Emacs under Ubuntu Linux... it
brought up online help.

>if such a thing ever happened on Windoze).

Such things happen _all the time_ on Windows, particularly if you count
help menus that lead solely to useless About boxes.

This might be a moot point anyway, given the high number of people I've
met that don't even bother reading online help in the first place.

-Mike
--
http://www.mschaef.com