Python 2.5.1 broken os.stat module

Joe Salmeri JoeSalmeri at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 3 21:49:13 EDT 2007

> Please understand that it is *extremely* tedious to follow your
> messages. It would have been much better if they had been short and
> to the point.

Sometimes it seems that it is impossible to please people.

When messages are short then people complain that they did not get
sufficient details, or examples.

I provide details and tests so that anyone could easily attempt to duplicate
exactly what I said was happening and you complain that they are too long.

Baring any typo mistakes on  my part, performing the tests should produce
the exact results that I stated were happening.

> That is very hard to believe. CVS and backup programs use the UTC time
> stamp, and completely ignore the timezone. So when you agree that the
> UTC time stamp did not change, CVS and the backup programs will work
> just fine.

The CVS problems were mentioned in the article I linked to and were
discussed by people involved in CVS development.  Whether you choose to
believe all those people or not is up to you.

See my reply to Terry, from the end user perspective, the Windows behavior
does not make sense.

Short enough?