Problem with using ConfigParser.py

David Wahler dwahler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 01:52:42 EDT 2007

On 6/22/07, shridhar kurhade <shridharkurhade at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your reply. I tried changing the ownership and it looks as below:
> #  ls -l /home/ast/ast-linux.conf
> -rw-r--r-- 1 ast ast 7936 Jun 21 11:11 /home/ast/ast-linux.conf
>
> But when I try to read through browser, it gives permission denied error:
>
> [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/ast/ast-linux.conf' target    sandbox
>
> Also other files in the /home/ast/ have ast:ast as ownership.
> Can you please tell me if there any other problem with this?

That looks OK, but as I said before, you need to check the permissions
on the /home/ast directory. What's the output of "ls -ld /home/ast"?
It needs to grant execute permissions to the user or group that the
script is running as.

If that looks OK, you might want to try calling os.getuid() and
os.getgid() from your script, to make sure it's running under the same
UID/GID you think it is.

-- David

P.S. When using Gmail, it's better to use "Reply to All" instead of
"Reply"; that way your messages continue to go to the mailing list,
and other people can help you.