Looking for an interpreter that does not request internet access

Paul Rubin http
Mon Jun 25 21:50:50 EDT 2007

James Alan Farrell <no_spam at no_spam.com> writes:
> I recently installed new anti-virus software and was surprised the
> next time I brought up IDLE, that it was accessing the internet.

See the message it displays when you start it.  It's not really
accessing the internet, it's opening a socket to another process
running on the same machine.  Try unplugging your network cable and
running idle and you'll see the socket connection still succeeds.