popen and a long running process in a wx.python application

Doru Moisa moisadoru at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:16:23 EDT 2007

Hello,

How can I capture the output of a long runnning process which I open
with popen() ?
I tried reading line by line, char by char, but the result always
comes when the process finishes.
(I am trying to make a wx.python program that opens some "make ..."
with popen). How can I receive the output of the program immediatly,
so that I can show a progressbar  in my application ?
I always get the program's output after it finished executing.
Is this the right place, or should I post this to wx.python ?

Thank you in advance.