Ableton Live Python API is out!

Alia Khouri alia_khouri at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 20:15:16 EDT 2007

I have been waiting for this ages and it's finally happened! Python
meet Live, Live meet Python!

There's now a wonderful (public) bridge between (arguably) the most
exciting and innovative and easy-to-use realtime software sequencer
and (arguably) the most exciting and innovative and easy-to-use
computer programming language out there. I know the love will flow
both ways (btw, they're having problems with the mac os x port, hint,
hint... )

I rushed to update  http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonInMusic but lo
and behold someone beat me to it. I love it when that happens
especially since I kicked off the earliest version of that page back
in the day ;-)

Some important links:

Ableton Live is at http://www.ableton.com

The forum thread announcing the api is at :
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66118&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

And last but not least the Live python SDK sits at http://www.liveapi.org/

Enjoy!

Alia K