logging anomaly

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 12:32:12 EDT 2007

On Jun 26, 3:48 pm, Jesse James <joel.re... at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007-06-26 07:59:38,192 vor.uploader INFO ----- start uploading file:
> 7_Canyons_Clip_1.flv
> 2007-06-26 07:59:38,206 vor.uploader INFO ----- done uploading file:
> 7_Canyons_Clip_1.flv
>
> I know this is wrong because this is a large file that took almost a
> minute to upload.
>
> Seems like, with my experience with log4j, upon which I believe the
> pythonloggingmodule was modeled, this should just work as expected.
>
> What am I missing here?

Not sure...it depends on your logging configuration. Ordinarily, the
event would be processed straight away...delays in seeing output could
be because of e.g. unflushed I/O buffers or buffering via
MemoryHandler (however, this would not affect the time printed for the
event, which is determined at the time the event is logged). Does this
same behaviour occur if the message is logged to a console handler?
(StreamHandler with sys.stderr as the stream, which is not redirected
to a file).

Regards,

Vinay Sajip