read xml file from compressed file using gzip

flebber flebber.crue at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 01:06:44 EDT 2007

On Jun 10, 3:45 am, Stefan Behnel <stefan.behnel-n05... at web.de> wrote:
> flebber wrote:
> > I was working at creating a simple program that would read the content
> > of a playlist file( in this case *.k3b") and write it out . the
> > compressed "*.k3b" file has two file and the one I was trying to read
> > was maindata.xml
>
> The k3b format is a ZIP archive. Use the zipfile library:
>
> file:///usr/share/doc/python2.5-doc/html/lib/module-zipfile.html
>
> Stefan

Thanks for all the help, have been using the docs at python.org and
the magnus t Hetland book. Is there any docs tha re a little more
practical or expressive as most of the module documentation is very
confusing for a beginner and doesn't provide much in the way of
examples on how to use the modules.

Not criticizing the docs as they are probably very good for
experienced programmers.