wx.grid 2.6.1.0 events

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:26:54 EDT 2007

On Jun 11, 9:04 am, DarkBlue <pict... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> pythoncard
> wx 2.6.1
> python 2.4.x
> kinterbasdb
> firebird
>
> I have a wx.grid filled with data from a database
> one of the fields is a blob field with text data, which
> I want to display in some adjacent text control when I scroll
> through the grid.
>
> The question is which wx.EVT_XXX do I need
> to use and how to 'connect ' the wx.grid to my TextArea
> control ,so that the correct data gets displayed after
> any row change?
>
> Thanks for any hints.
>
> Db

Upon skimming the grid controls event types in the wxPython in Action
book, it looks like you could catch the wx.grid.EVT_GRID_SELECT_CELL
event. Then use the GetCellValue method to grab the selected cell's
contents and then write that to your TextCtrl.

If that doesn't work, please post the issue to the wxPython user's
group here: http://wxpython.org/maillist.php

Mike