Adding Python to the path in Windows

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 11:49:56 EDT 2007

On Jun 21, 10:45 am, kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 21, 10:30 am, k... at thenortheastgroup.com wrote:
>

> > On Jun 21, 11:22 am, kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > If your users aren't programmers, then why not just run Python over
> > > the network? That's what we do at my place of employment. The only
> > > machines that have Python actually installed are development machines.
>
> > > Mike
>
> > Mike,
>
> > I place the scripts on the server, but hadn't thought of placing an
> > entire Python installation on the server.  I just tried it and it
> > seems to work.  It shouldn't cause any problems?  That might actually
> > work out really well too.  Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> We've been running python scripts over the network for more than a
> year. The only issues I can think of is that at first it didn't always
> find that weird Python dll file, but once we got that on the server,
> that problem went away too.
>
> Mike

I should probably mention that if you have some complicated GUI's,
they will probably load slowly over the network. And I did notice that
scripts using WMI and pyWin32 modules can be slower than they ought to
be. Just something to keep in mind if you have a slow connection. We
have a T1 out to a remote location and it's caused some minor issues
using anything of that nature.

Mike