The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Cor Gest cor at clsnet.nl
Fri Jun 22 18:32:55 EDT 2007

Some entity, AKA Twisted <twisted0n3 at gmail.com>,
wrote this mindboggling stuff:
(selectively-snipped-or-not-p)

> > > That's a joke, right? I tried it a time or two. Every time it was
> > > rapidly apparent that doing anything non-trivial would require
> > > consulting a cheat sheet. The printed-out kind, since navigating to
> > > the help and back without already having the help displayed and open
> > > to the command reference was also non-trivial.
> >
> > C-h i, C-x b RET is non-trivial?!?
>
> Let's change that so that you see it the way most human beings see it:
>
> > > navigating to
> > > the help and back without already having the help displayed and open
> > > to the command reference was also non-trivial.
>
> > Erh h, dhsd f hHE is non-trivial?
>
> I'm sorry. I don't speak Chinese.
>
> I trust I've made my point. Not only does it insist you learn a whole
> other language (though I'm guessing it's not actually Chinese --
> Greek, maybe), even when you know that's a bunch of keystrokes and
> even what they are...
>
> HOW IN THE BLOODY HELL IS IT SUPPOSED TO OCCUR TO SOMEONE TO ENTER
> THEM, GIVEN THAT THEY HAVE TO DO SO TO REACH THE HELP THAT WOULD TELL
> THEM THOSE ARE THE KEYS TO REACH THE HELP?!

What's your problem ?

Ofcourse a mere program-consumer would not look what was being
installed on his/her system in the first place ...
So after some trivial perusing what was installed and where :
 WOW Look, MA ! .... it's all there!

                lpr /usr/local/share/emacs/21.3/etc/refcard.ps
or your install-dir........^                ^
or your version.............................^

But then again buying the GNU-book from 'O Reilly would have solved it
in the utmost nicest possible of ways anyway.

Buying or printing the GNU-Emacs Reference Manual should do
quit a memorable job also.

But then again there allways will be people that cannot find their way to
the outhouse even when it stinks a mile a minute.

Cor

--
	 (defvar MyComputer '((OS . "GNU/Emacs") (IPL . "GNU/Linux")))
The biggest problem LISP has, is that it does not appeal to dumb people