static python classes ?

Carsten Haese carsten at uniqsys.com
Tue Jun 19 08:21:44 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 12:00 +0000, Tom Gur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to python, and I can't seem to find in the docs how to create
> the python equivalent of what's called in most OOP languages "static
> classes", can you give me a hint ?

If I had to guess, which apparently I have to because you're not telling
us what *you* think a "static class" is, I'd say you want a class where
all methods are static. In Python, there is no point in making such a
thing. Just make a module that defines the functions you need.

If this doesn't help, please explain to us what you're actually trying
to achieve.

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net