Python optimization (was Python's "only one way to do it" philosophy isn't good?)

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Sun Jun 10 23:22:23 EDT 2007

On Jun 11, 12:43 am, Steve Howell <showel... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To the extent that some of these optimizations could
> be achieved by writing better Python code, it would
> nice for optimization tools to have a "suggest" mode.

Is anyone out there who uses MS Word and doesn't deactivate the
"suggest" mode i.e. Clippy? Maybe someone shall write a lucid blog
entry about the failure of "suggest" modes in general or point me to
one. Autocompletion as a typing aid might be considered as a counter
example but only because you don't really have a choice and will not
be confronted with nonsensical AI guesses.