Adding Python to the path in Windows

kyle at thenortheastgroup.com kyle at thenortheastgroup.com
Thu Jun 21 10:52:55 EDT 2007

I have many users using two different versions of python, 2.4 and
2.5.  I am running Python scripts on their computers programmatically,
but I can't run it with the full path because they have different
versions installed.  I need to run it like 'python {script name}'.  So
I need to add Python to the path.  How do I do this permanently
without going to each computer and setting it through the GUI?  I
tried creating a Windows batch script using setx, but the user had to
be an administrator.

Or is there any other way I can run whatever version of Python happens
to be installed with a single command?  Anyone have any ideas?  Such a
simple issue, there must be a simple solution. (of course, this is
Windows).

Thanks for any help.