The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue Jun 26 11:16:22 EDT 2007

Bjorn Borud <borud-news at borud.no> writes:

> [Twisted <twisted0n3 at gmail.com>]
> |
> | and you said that depended on the definition of "expert". Apparently
> | you believe there is a type of "expert" for whom beginner-friendly
> | software is intrinsically less usable than beginner-hostile
> | software.
>
> no, I was alluding to you thinking that posession of knowledge which
> is considered rudimentary basics for Emacs somehow elevates the person
> in question to an "expert".  just because you have not, by your own
> admission, been able to even locate the built-in tutorial, I don't
> think your definition of "expert" is very relevant.

Since he did not ever download a copy of Emacs in the last 10 years
(and won't according to his own statements download anything or look
at any web page because his computer incompetency makes him incapable
of avoiding or detecting viruses) one can hardly blame him for not
finding the tutorial in software he did not download.

--
David Kastrup