[Fwd: Re: Trouble killing a process on windows]

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sat Jun 2 12:53:18 EDT 2007

Tim Golden wrote:
> Thomas Nelson wrote:

[... re problem Terminating process ...]

>>   File "C:\Python24\warcraft\runwar3.py", line 7, in ?
>>     print win32api.TerminateProcess(int(war3game._handle),-1)
>> error: (5, 'TerminateProcess', 'Access is denied.')
>>
>> I'm logged in as adminstrator.  Does anyone know how to fix this
>> problem?

And there's a helpful-looking page here:

   http://www.alexfedotov.com/articles/killproc.asp

which does suggest that even an admin might have to
enable the debug priv. Not quite clear why this would
be the case for a process you started yourself (as
opposed to, say, a service or other system proc.)
unless there's something in your setup which automatically
starts processes in some privileged mode?

TJG