GUI apps in Windows with native widgets?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Jun 19 02:50:10 EDT 2007

Gilles Ganault <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:

>	I'd like to write a GUI app in Python exclusively for Windows.
>Apparently, development of PythonWin has stopped a long time ago.

I'm not sure why you would think so.  The latest pywin32 release came out
in September, and supports Python 2.2 through 2.6.

However, PythonWin isn't really a framework for writing GUI Python apps.
It's more of an IDE for Python.

>Is there another thin wrapper to write apps in Windows? I'd rather not
>have to ship eg. WxWidgets, GTK+, or QT.

If you are comfortable with the Win32 API and MFC, pywin32 includes a
relatively thin wrapper around MFC.  It's quite possible to write GUI apps
using it, and there are several good examples.

I'm not sure that I'd prefer it to wxPython, however.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.