The Modernization of Emacs

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Jun 18 11:03:43 EDT 2007

Joel J. Adamson wrote:
> people aware of it; as soon as I became aware of Emacs (from reading
> Wikipedia, ironically), I began using it and I knew I was stuck with
> it.  It's not even important for the survival of Emacs that it be more

many others get stuck with a preferred editor/system/language; I guess it takes
some real enthusiasm to switch from vi to emacs or jedit or brief. Years ago
they switched my escape key from top right to top left (dec keyboards were
weird); the body is very hard to retrain. I don't know what those synapse
memories are called, bit they go very deep.
--
Robin Becker