regular expressions eliminating filenames of type foo.thumbnail.jpg

oscartheduck oscartheduck at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:52:32 EDT 2007

Well, darn.

I just discovered that the computer this is going to run on only has
python version 2.2 installed on it, which apparently doesn't support
checking a whole word, but instead checks a single letter against
other single letters. 2.4 and, presumably 2.5 though I've actually not
used it much, has such huge leaps forwards relative to 2.2 that it's
frightening thinking about where the language is going.

But for now, I'm going to have to work on this problem again from
scratch, it seems.