web development without using frameworks

Christoph Haas email at christoph-haas.de
Tue Jun 5 15:24:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 03:01:01PM -0400, Chris Stewart wrote:
> I'm interested in learning web based python without the use of fancy frameworks
> that are out there.  I'm having a hard time coming up with resources and
> examples for this.  Does anyone have anything that could be helpful?

I'd say the only decent ways are either using a full-featured framework
(I favor Pylons) or write plain CGIs. Even for the later a look into
http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks might be useful (I wouldn't
say that "web.py" is really a framework - and it's listed there). Or you
write plain-old CGIs with Python's "cgi" module. I have also started
like that but currently only use frameworks because the "cgi" module is
pretty limited (compared to what Perl offers) and for serious
applications not really the way to go.

My 2¢

 Christoph