The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Gian Uberto Lauri saint at spammer.impiccati.it
Tue Jun 26 06:06:13 EDT 2007

n> On Jun 22, 6:32 pm, Cor Gest <c... at clsnet.nl> wrote:
>> > HOW IN THE BLOODY HELL IS IT SUPPOSED TO OCCUR TO SOMEONE TO
>> ENTER > THEM, GIVEN THAT THEY HAVE TO DO SO TO REACH THE HELP THAT
>> WOULD TELL > THEM THOSE ARE THE KEYS TO REACH THE HELP?!
>>
>> What's your problem ?
>>
>> Ofcourse a mere program-consumer would not look what was being
>> installed on his/her system in the first place ...  So after some
>> trivial perusing what was installed and where : WOW Look, MA !
>> .... it's all there!
>>
>> lpr /usr/local/share/emacs/21.3/etc/refcard.ps or your
>> install-dir........^ ^ or your
>> version.............................^

n> So now we're expected to go on a filesystem fishing expedition
n> instead of just hit F1? One small step (backwards) for a man; one
n> giant leap (backwards) for mankind. :P

Waring, possible ID TEN T detected!

There's a program called find, not this intuitive but worth learning

It could solve the problem from the root with something like

find / -name refcard.ps -exec lpr {} \; 2> /dev/null

This  line  requires some  brain  and  some  learning, true,  but  the
documents should be on your  HD, unless you avoided installing the man
to save space.

About the brain, you should have received like me a standard issue one
at least (or maybe a better one).

>> But then again buying the GNU-book from 'O Reilly would have solved
>> it in the utmost nicest possible of ways anyway.

n> So much for the "free" in "free software". If you can't actually
n> use it without paying money, whether for the software or for some
n> book, it isn't really free, is it?

GNU books ARE free, and come in both printed and electronic form.

No excuses.

BTW, buing a GNU book is a good way to finance FSF.

And from your too-lazy (ID TEN T like) point of view even freedom
itself is not free, since its defence has a cost.

--
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____

A Cesare avrei detto di scrivermi a fnvag at rat.vg