Python 2.5.1 broken os.stat module

Joe Salmeri JoeSalmeri at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:18:59 EDT 2007

Hi Terry,

> If, when discussion is concluded here, you still think there is a bug,
> file
> a report on SF.  Make a concise summary in the comments section and attach
> a file with the output from your experiments.  You may have to submit the
> attachment separately after first submitting the report.

I have submitted the bug report and test script to SF.

I purposely used the Python\lib directory for my test so that anyone could
run the test and get the results.

> Keep in mind that all the 'you's who might fix this are volunteers just
> like you.r

Understood, that's why I went to such great time and effort to create the
scripts which demonstrate the problem.

I'd fix it if I could but think that it would be better for the person that
made the change in os.stat for Python 2.5.1 since they would be much more
aware of the extent of that change.