PIL cutting off letters

Pierre Hanser hanser at club-internet.fr
Sat Jun 16 12:20:05 EDT 2007

Matt Haggard a écrit :
> I'm using PIL (Python Imaging Library) to generate button images.
> They consist of a left end image, a middle, repeating image and a
> right side image.... anyway, that's not important
>
> I'm using a TTF font for the text of the button (Verdana.TTF) and it
> keeps cutting the bottom part of the the g's q's and y's off.

hello

may be the problem is in your code, but it is also possibly
in PIL which clips caracters at the top and bottom line;
that's not the typographic names, but these are *font* values,
not characters ones.
There are fonts with caracters far higher than these
conventionnal lines (try Liorah.ttf or any swashed font for
exemple)!
I don't remember for sure but may be there is the same problem
horizontally.
--
	Pierre