Using pyTTS with other languages.

simon kagwe simonkagwe at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 11:00:20 EDT 2007

 <kyosohma <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It describes how to use mis-spelled words to force correct
> pronunciation as well as how to do it with XML.
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike. I had already read that article. I thought the mis-spelling and
XML are meant to deal with pronunciation of English words. Will it really
handle pronunciation of words of a whole new language?
For example, if I want to say 'good' in Zulu, I may end up saying a word that
has entirely different phenomes (and throw in some clicking sounds like in
those 'God's must be crazy' movies). For my language, I have already collected
recordings of its syllables and some words. I tried it out with pyTTS and it
pronounces some words completely different they aren't even close to the way
they should be.