Python's "only one way to do it" philosophy isn't good?

Paul Rubin http
Wed Jun 20 02:43:03 EDT 2007

Michele Simionato <michele.simionato at gmail.com> writes:
> I see Python or C as much better practical implementations
> of Sussman's quote about minimalism than real Scheme (for
> an example of real Scheme, I refer for instance to the PLT
> implementation).

Python and C as programming languages are like democracy as a system
of government--absolutely terrible, but everything else seems to be
even worse.

The real answer (to programming languages, not governments) seems
tantalizingly close, but not here yet.