subprocess.popen question

Eric_Dexter at msn.com Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Mon Jun 25 02:16:00 EDT 2007

On Jun 23, 6:46 am, SPE - Stani's Python Editor
<spe.stani... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 5:35 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
> wrote:
>

> > En Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:08:49 -0300, Eric_Dex... at msn.com
> > <Eric_Dex... at msn.com> escribió:
>
> > > I seemed to have it working sorta when I run it and save the results I
> > > am noticing that inspeit spaces correctly but when I save it to a
> > > file I can open it in wordpad there is only one line.  when I open in
> > > up in WinXound (Acsoundeditor) it is double spaced.  if I do it in a
> > > batch file the output file is spaced correctly..  when I do splitlines
> > > it is giving me one charecter down the page as output..  Do I need to
> > > do something or can I do something to put an end of line charecter in
> > > the output??
>
> > Try
>
> > print repr(your_data)
>
> > to see exactly what you got.
>
> > --
> > Gabriel Genellina
>
> Did you take in account that line endings on Windows are '\r\n' and
> not '\n'?
>
> Stani
> --http://pythonide.stani.be- Hide quoted text -

evedently when they converted awk from unix to windows (gawk) they
left the formating the same..  python is working corectly then.  gawk
seems to return the original line and then the changed line unless I
redirect it to a file....  Thanks for the help, at this point it is up
to me to go through the different versions of awk to find out how they
work with the data...  (awke, gawk, mawk, nawk.. exc..)