The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Falcolas garrickp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 17:16:19 EDT 2007

On Jun 22, 3:06 pm, Pascal Bourguignon <p... at informatimago.com> wrote:
> How do you call a Mac user interface that let a user work during 3
> hours to do a simple modification to a MS-Word file that takes 15
> seconds to do with emacs or a simple unix script?

Would you mind elaborating on *what* took 3 hours to do, as opposed to
just throwing around unquantified numbers? Would you also mind
explaining the user's familiarity with the tools they were using on
the mac?

It's just as easy for me to say that it took me 30 minutes to simply
exit emacs, and use that to justify that emacs, and by extension
Linux, is a terrible tool.