Tkinter, tkMessagebox and overrideredirect

marcoberi at gmail.com marcoberi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 08:26:12 EDT 2007

On Jun 6, 8:55 am, "Eric Brunel" <see.signat... at no.spam> wrote:
> Apparently:

Eric,
first of all, thanks!

> def hello(self):
>      self.root.after_idle(self.root.lower)
>      tkMessageBox.showinfo("Popup", "Hello!")

Well, this lowers the background frame but I want to keep it visible
under the popup.

> As an aside, having a window with overrideredirect(1) creating "normal"
> windows such as the one created via tkMessageBox.showinfo is asking for
> problems. What are you trying to do here?

I just need a window without the titlebar as my main window (think of
it as a kiosk application). No titlebar is mandatory :-(
I place controls on it and I open popup dialog windows.
If there is a better way to do it, I would be happy to know it.
Thanks again.
Ciao.
Marcio.