Python rocks

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 00:21:30 EDT 2007

On Jun 2, 10:59 pm, Mark Carter <m... at privacy.net> wrote:
> Josiah Carlson wrote:
> > Mark Carter wrote:
> >> Not that I'm particularly knowledgeable about language design issues,
> >> but maybe closures and slightly different scoping rules would be nice.
>
> > Python has had closures for years.
>
> I just looked uphttp://www.secnetix.de/~olli/Python/lambda_functions.hawk
> and was amazed to discover that you were right. Nice one.

I am not sure why you posted that link. Closures have nothing to do
with lambda
functions (if lambdas were removed, Python would have closures still)
and it is
shows idioms which are now deprecated or that have better alternative
using
list or generator-expressions, generators, and the itertools module.
So my advice
is to forget about that link and to read the standard library more ;)

          Michele Simionato