The Modernization of Emacs

kaens apatheticagnostic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 01:21:31 EDT 2007

On 6/20/07, Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> En Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:33:29 -0300, alguien escribió:
>
> > Speaking of which, vi is a piece of wombat do.  ;-)
>
> Would you all please stop posting (and crossposting) about something that
> is mostly off topic for 80% of the groups involved?
> Or is someone going for the Longest Off Topic Thread Of The Year Award?
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina
>
> --

I for one, am finding the thread interesting, and it can be argued
that a discussion about text-editors is relevant in a group about any
programming language - although this specific topic (Modernization of
emacs) is certainly not VERY relevant to python, except in the sense
that a lot of people are seeing python as their first programming
language and need to figure out what editor to use (emacs being a very
powerful one with a steep learning curve)

Anyhow, the topic isn't a flamewar, and it's generating well-thought
out discussion - is it that big of a deal?