Where can I suggest an enchantment for Python Zip lib?

durumdara durumdara at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 05:27:35 EDT 2007

> On my 3 year old 3Ghz Pentium III it takes about 8 seconds to zip 20Mb file.
> So what is the problem?  Not updating the process for 8-10 seconds
> should be just fine for most applications.
>
> -Larry

The problem, that:
 - I want to process 100-200 MB zip files.
 - I want to abort in process
 - I want to know the actual position
 - I want to slow the operation sometimes!

Why I want to slow?

The big archiving is slow operation. When it is slow, I want to
working with other apps while it is processing.

So I want to slow the zipping with time.sleep, then the background
thread is not use the full CPU...
I can work with other apps.

dd