regular expression concatenation with strings

Jacek Trzmiel sc0rp at hot.pl
Fri Jun 22 17:30:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

oscartheduck wrote:
> I noticed a small error in the code (you referenced extension, which
> you had renamed to filenameRx), and when I corrected it I received the
> original error again.

I haven't had PIL installed, so I just commented out im.* calls for
test. Just change:
   im.save(file + ".thumbnail." + extension)
to:
   im.save(file + ".thumbnail" + ext)

> What was it you were trying to do to solve the
> problem, though?

You can't use glob with regexps.  Instead use os.listdir() to get
filenames and then rx.match() to find ones that does match the pattern.

Best regards,
Jacek.