Execute script on remote computer

Laurent Pointal laurent.pointal at limsi.fr
Wed Jun 20 03:17:45 EDT 2007

Evan Klitzke a écrit :
> On 6/19/07, Vikas Saini <vsaini at cybage.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to run the agent on one machine that will execute the
>> script of
>> a remote machine.
>
> It's not clear what OS you're using. But if you're running a
> Unix/Linux system and it's a relatively simple script that you want to
> run, you should just use the ssh command coupled with the name of the
> command you want to run (you don't even need the agent to use python,
> necessarily). For example,
>
> ssh user at foo bar
>
> Will ssh to machine 'foo' as user 'user' and execute command 'bar' on
> that machine (rather than launching a shell, which is what ssh will do
> if no command is specified). When the command exits, ssh will exit as
> well.

Note: You can use an ssh server on Windows too, see CopSSH for a free,
relatively easy to install solution.

So unix solution for running Python script can be used uder Xindows Xp
too - at least if you dont want to have a GUI [*].

See
http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=12

[*] You can do remote display of Windows screen via an encrypted VNC
using ssh port redirection - if you read french (or like screen
capture), see http://www.limsi.fr/Individu/pointal/winremote/