Capturing and sending keys {Esperanto}

Jakub Stolarski jakub.stolarski at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:37:18 EDT 2007

On Jun 25, 3:26 pm, AJK <iko... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I've been googleing yet, and suppose it's hopeless to try, but better ask it...
>
> I want to write a program which turns Cx to  , cx to   et al WHILE
> TYPING. (i.e. converting Esperanto x-system to real hats, for those
> who know about this.) Therefore I though will need to capture the last
> 2 typed characters (from any application), send a double backspace and
> after that send the correct letters (back to the same application)...
>
> However, it seems inpossible to capture those letters, and maybe to
> send them too...
>
> Or am I wrong?
>
> Greetings,
>
> LaPingvino
>
> (project:http://code.google.com/p/iksilo/- SVN Repository is free
> viewable, project is GPL)
>
> --
>  ar Dio tiel amis la mondon, ke Li donis Sian solenaskitan Filon, por
> ke  iu, kiu fidas al li, ne pereu, sed havu eternan vivon.
> -Johano 3:16, La sankta Biblio-
>
>  oju  iam, pre u sen ese, pri  io donu dankon.
> -1 Tesalonikanoj 5:16-18a, La sankta Biblio-

Under *nix it's easier to change xkb keymap.

If you interested only in gtk applications then there is gtk-im-extra
[1], which you can use to input "cxapeloj". You can also look at scim
[2] sources. It supports gtk, qt and standard x applications.

Bonsxancon!

[1] http://gtk-im-extra.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.scim-im.org/