copy locked files

Adam Pletcher adam at volition-inc.com
Mon Jun 18 12:41:32 EDT 2007

Do you mean files marked in-use by the OS, like DLLs used by an open
application?

There shouldn't be anything preventing you from copying in-use files, or
even read-only files if that's what you meant:

  import shutil
  shutil.copy('C:\\my_application\\test.dll',
'C:\\new_folder\\test.dll')

Although you can't move or delete an in-use file, AFAIK.

- Adam