ftplib error- Large file

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Thu Jun 7 02:21:48 EDT 2007

 <hal...an at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using ftplib to transfer large files to remote sites.  The process
> seems to work perfectly with small files, but when the file gets to
> large ~20GB I begin getting errors that sometimes seem to be non-
> fatal, and other times the transfer does not complete.  I've debugged
> the hell out of the code, and can't figure out what is going on..is it
> the remote site?  Packet loss?

20 gig is a big thing - what is your link speed, and how long does the thing
run before falling over - Is your ISP maybe giving you or the remote site a
new IP addy periodically?

Are there any "anti jabber" precautions taken anywhere?

you may have to break it up into smaller chunks and glue them together
remotely...

hth - Hendrik