Reading multiline values using ConfigParser

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Thu Jun 21 11:36:16 EDT 2007

Phoe6 wrote:
> On Jun 20, 10:35 pm, "John Krukoff" <jkruk... at ltgc.com> wrote:
>
>>> Is there anyway, I can include multi-line value in the configfile? I
>
>> Following the link to RFC 822 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc822.html)
>> indicates that you can spread values out over multiple lines as long as
>> there is a space or tab character imeediately after the CRLF.
>
> Thanks for the response. It did work!

> ['Testcases.txt']
>
> tct123
> tct124
> tct125
> '\ntct123\ntct124\ntct125'
>
> However, as I am going to provide Testcases.txt to be "user editable",
> I cannot assume or "ask users" to provide value testcases surronded by
> spaces. I got to figure out a workaround here.
>
> Thanks,
> Senthil

I do this a lot and implement it as:

[Testcases]
case_001=tct123
case_002=tct124
case_003=tct101

Then it is pretty easy to do something in my code like:

section='Testcases'
cases=[x for x in INI.options(section) if x.startswith('case_')]

for case in cases:
    casefile=INI.get(section, case)
    #
    # Process each casefile here