with as a reserved word

Francesco Guerrieri f.guerrieri at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:14:20 EDT 2007

Within gnuplot you can shorten "with" to "w", don't know if it can
work inside a call to Gnuplot.Data()....

francesco

On 6/11/07, BBands <bbands at gmail.com> wrote:
> I gather that 'with' is on its way to becoming a reserved word. Is
> this something that will break?
>
> import Gnuplot
> gp = Gnuplot.Gnuplot(debug=1)
> data = Gnuplot.Data([1,2,3,4,3,2,3,4,3,2,1], with='linespoints')
> gp.plot(data)

> http://www.gnuplot.info/
> http://gnuplot-py.sourceforge.net/
>
> This was run by PyScripter 1.8.7.1 with Python 2.5.
>
>     jab
>
> --

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as
both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no
mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant,
vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation
stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent
vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and
voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a
vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of
such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily,
this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an
introduction, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to
meet you and you may call me V." -- V's introduction to Evey