How to save initial configuration? (program installation)

Jason Zapman II zapman449 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:50:06 EDT 2007

On Jun 25, 12:14 pm, kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
> <ini file>
> usersChosenPath = /usr/Path/to/Config
> </ini file>
>
> Kind of redundant, but I would think it would still work.

Ok...  How do I tell the program where the INI file lives?

(What I want is to be able to ask the user

Where do you want the datafile to live? [/usr/local/etc]:

and save that answer somewhere, so future invocations of the program
just *KNOW* the answer.

I'm going to just have to write an 'install' program which just
substitutes the default assignment for the new one in the code...
almost a $PREFIX from ./configure or something like it.