Indenting in Emacs

eugene.morozov at gmail.com eugene.morozov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:47:46 EDT 2007

Hello,
Does anyone know how to make python-mode correctly indent nested lists
and dictionaries. I hate indenting Django url patterns and Zope
Archetypes schemas by hand, because python-mode indents them in
incorrect and ugly way.

Here's how it should be:
    StringField('reference',
                widget=StringWidget(
                       description='Position reference'
    )),

Here's how python-mode indents this code:
schema = BaseSchema.copy() +  Schema((
    StringField('reference',
                widget=StringWidget(
    description='Position reference'
    )),

I can provide examples of how ugly it indents nested dictionaries/
lists/tuples, but I think that everyone using emacs already have seen
that.

py-version is 4.78

Are we doomed to manually indent python lists in Emacs?

I didn't find any patches fixing indentation in python-mode.
Eugene