PEP 3107 and stronger typing (note: probably a newbie question)

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 10:14:35 EDT 2007

On 6/21/07, Bjoern Schliessmann
<usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 12:59:28PM -0700,
> > bruno.desthuilliers at gmail.com wrote:
>
> >> Then you should use another language.
> >
> > This is what I meant about knowing how Internet discussions
> > go.
>
> I agree. I also notice that (rather newbie-) OPs with not-so-simple
> questions are easily offended by technical answers. I'd love to
> know why.

Oh, c'mon. The OP was asking for an explanation, and got an indignant
response. There is a world of difference between explaining *why*
Python is the way it is, and getting the equivalent of a 4-year-old's
"Because!" as a reply.

To someone who admits that he is largely unfamiliar with the language,
it would seem obvious that Python is "lacking" something that is
important in other languages. An explanation as to why this would be
Bad Thing for Python would be a helful response.

--

# p.d.