Rotating a picture

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Tue Jun 19 04:03:11 EDT 2007

In <1182238895.646197.270090 at k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, Tom Gur wrote:

> I'm trying to build a small spaceship battle game as an exercise,
> using pygame.
> How can I rotate the gif file of my ship by X degrees ?

You shouldn't do this with the PyGame functions, the quality is poor.
Either use a paint program to pre-generate rotated images or the python
imaging library (PIL) to create them in the game.

Either way you should use an RGB format instead of a format with a
palette to have better anti aliasing, and always rotate from the original
image as each rotation introduces some loss of quality and detail.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch