Python 2.3 ODBC Datetime limitations

YuePing Lu yueping.lu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:12:49 EDT 2007

Hello,

Has any of you ever used Python odbc to retrieve data from a relational DB?

I encountered a problem where it can't handle datetime *earlier than **1969*,
and *later than **2040*. It just returned some garbage strings when I call
str(my_date_object).

When I call strptime to convert the value I got ValueError exception:

# Table records
   for record in self._records:
    columns = []
    for i in range(len(self._description)):
     if self._description[i][1]=='DATE':
      strDate=str(record[i])
      try:
       #convert the date format to be mm/dd/yyyy:
       oDate=time.strptime(strDate) #convert to struct_time object
       strfDate=time.strftime("%m/%d/%Y", oDate)

columns.append(strfDate)
      except ValueError, msg:
       raise "Date converstion error", msg

       Any other solutions that you've heard?