Pyrex problem with cdef'd attribute

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Jun 8 14:17:02 EDT 2007

    >> I'm using Pyrex 0.9.5.1a.  I have this simple Pyrex module:

    Klaas> You might get more help on the pyrex list.

Thanks.  On the Pyrex website it says that questions are welcome here as
well.  I was hoping to avoid yet another mailing list subscription. ;-)

    Klaas> Yes, since you didn't cdef the class, it is essentially python
    Klaas> code.  Python code cannot assign to a cdef class attribute that
    Klaas> is not of type 'object'

So, if I cdef the Bar subclass I should be okay?  I'll play around a bit
more and if I continue to confuse myself will subscribe to the pyrex mailing
list (or at least use the somewhat clunky gmane.org interface).

Skip