Who uses Python?

wheezl at gmail.com wheezl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 08:38:07 EDT 2007

walterbyrd ha scritto:

> I mean other than sysadmins, programmers, and web-site developers?
>
> I have heard of some DBAs who use a lot of python.
>
> I suppose some scientists. I think python is used in bioinformatics. I
> think some math and physics people use python.
>
> I suppose some people use python to learn "programming" in general.
> Python would do well as a teaching language.
>
> I would think that python would be a good language for data analysis.
>
> Anything else? Finance? Web-analytics? SEO? Digital art?

We use it for everything from automated tape handling and cleaning
systems to driving encoders and specialized TBCs as well as
controlling creaky old video decks. The core logic of our system is
also in python which using a little bit of Twisted ties together the
FreeBSD and Windows machines that the various daemons run on.

Though that doesn't answer your question since I guess that makes us
"programmers" whom I am sure own the lion's share of python usage.